Cronnollys of MandE? Still in business?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
keithsandra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Cronnollys of MandE? Still in business?

Post by keithsandra »

Has anyone got any news of the Cronnollys of M and E flutes? They don't seem to have a functioning webpage any more. I'm interested in their 'new' RandR D five piece flute and what's so new about it ...

Best wishes,

Keith.
stiofan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Re: Cronnollys of MandE? Still in business?

Post by stiofan »

keithsandra wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:23 pm Has anyone got any news of the Cronnollys of M and E flutes? They don't seem to have a functioning webpage any more. I'm interested in their 'new' RandR D five piece flute and what's so new about it ...

Best wishes,

Keith.
Looks like they might have updated their website (and possibly web address).
https://www.mandeirishflutes.ie/
Cyberknight
Tell us something.: I live in the Boston area and like to play in sessions. I've played whistle for 10+ years and flute for 6 months.

Post by Cyberknight »

keithsandra wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:23 pm Has anyone got any news of the Cronnollys of M and E flutes? They don't seem to have a functioning webpage any more. I'm interested in their 'new' RandR D five piece flute and what's so new about it ...

Best wishes,

Keith.
I just bought a flute from M and E 3 months ago, so unless something has changed since then, they're still active. I got the 6 key polymer. It shipped very quickly, and I'm loving it (it's my first ever flute, though, so I don't have much to compare it to).
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I think that Michael only makes the R&R model flute these days...at least I've not seen anything new from him in quite some time. I do recall he called the R&R model the new model when they started making them, though, but their original model is long gone.

Eric
keithsandra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by keithsandra »

Thank you, folks. I finally got through to the new website. Looking good!

Best wishes

Keith.