Up for Sale: Rudall and Rose #3232 Ivory & Cocus

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
tstermitz
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Up for Sale: Rudall and Rose #3232 Ivory & Cocus

Post by tstermitz »

I have put my recently repaired Ivory & Cocus Rudall up for sale.

It's #3232 from #15 Piazza (late 1930s, I guess), with 8-keys and a claw/interlocked C/C#. Plays down to low C and up to high G.

This is is a smaller holed flute that plays very quickly with a sweet voice, rather than a reedy session blaster!

See the Irish Flute Marketplace or the Used Instrument exchange on this site for more information.

Obviously, I can only ship this within the US.
tstermitz

Re: Up for Sale: Rudall and Rose #3232 Ivory & Cocus

Post by tstermitz »

Price Drop to $2999

I've lowered the price for my gorgeous Rudall & Rose #3232 Cocus & Ivory flute. As I've said this is a beautiful flute that plays at A440 with minimal intonation issues. The holes on this flute are on the smaller side, and the third finger holes are slightly offset for ergonomics.

Also, you can see high resolution photographs here:

https://www.photokinesis.info/Rudall-Rose-3232/
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Re: Up for Sale: Rudall and Rose #3232 Ivory & Cocus

Post by Jon C. »

This is a lovely sounding Rudall, in very good tuning! :party:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon