Copeland black wood keyless Irish flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jem
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm an Irish flute and whistle player from Seattle, WA. I think I'm already a member, but I can't remember my username or password, so I thought I'd just reregister.

Copeland black wood keyless Irish flute

Post by jem »

I'm wondering what a fair price would be for a Copeland black wood keyless Irish flute? Stamped into the wood are the numbers 885, Copeland Philadelphia and a shamrock. It was purchased in the mid 80's and has barely been played for 40 years. It sounds very similar to the one posted by weebox April 28, 2016. Any info. would be much appreciated. Thanks!
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Copeland black wood keyless Irish flute

Post by eilam »

i think a fair price would be around $1200-1400 but it's not a great time to be selling (i have quite a few flutes that i would sell, but not now), i hope you are not in a tight place and can wait. i hade a Rosewood and brass Copeland that i loved, probably from around the same time.
posting pictures always helps as well.
good luck, e.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Previous Copeland flutes have sold from between $600 (about the lowest I've seen), with sales through the Irish Flute store going from $800-$950. I'd say the latter range is reasonable for these times & the current buying power of the dollar. They're generally decent instruments but without the cachet of his whistles.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
jem
Tell us something.: I'm an Irish flute and whistle player from Seattle, WA. I think I'm already a member, but I can't remember my username or password, so I thought I'd just reregister.

Post by jem »

Thanks very much for the info! Joan