WTB / WTT Delrin Keyed Flute 4 - 8 keys

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
JDLeedham
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Upon a stirring in one’s heart, to send it forth with the breath through an instrument where you can feel it stroke fingertips as it becomes sound... is truly like having the ability to make magic.

WTB / WTT Delrin Keyed Flute 4 - 8 keys

Post by JDLeedham »

Want to buy, also willing to trade for- a 4 -8 key delrin flute by Baubet, Aebi, Lorenzo, Hamilton, Ward, Copley or any of the other makers from over the years who have wrought a good keyed flute of delrin or ebonite.

If anyone might be considering parting with their Keyed Delrin Flute please do message me here at C&F or via my email found on my profile page.

The climate in New England is rough on wooden flutes and I’m likely to be on the road a lot this winter.

Thanks friends, JD
JDLeedham
Tell us something.: Upon a stirring in one’s heart, to send it forth with the breath through an instrument where you can feel it stroke fingertips as it becomes sound... is truly like having the ability to make magic.

Re: WTB / WTT Delrin Keyed Flute 4 - 8 keys

Post by JDLeedham »

Bump.

I would also be interested in purchasing a keyed EBONITE flute by a reputable maker.

Thanks,
JD
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Ebonite is awesome flute material...my favorite non-wood option. I have an 8 keyed delrin Copley, but living in possibly a harsher climate in Kansas (from 20 below zero to 105 most years)...I'm hanging on to it just in case my wooden flute ever cracks. Just something to keep in mind, though, my 1860 Firth & Pond has suffered zero issues and I play it year around, inside and out at gigs from that upper temp range to 45 degrees (which really sucks...just not fun). Your wooden flutes are tougher than you think. Oh, and my house is from 1912 and heated with radiators, so it's not a modern marvel of humidification...I just keep a small sponge based humidified (size of a pack of matches) in the case and play it frequently.

Eric
JDLeedham

Post by JDLeedham »

Thanks for that Eric. As I keep searching for a good backup… I’ll keep your encouragement in mind and just be less worried about using what good wood flute(s) that I have.
Cheers, JD