Seamus Tansey Interview

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Normski
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Seamus Tansey Interview

Post by Normski »

The Irish Traditional Music Archive have released a video of an interview that Barry Kerr did with Seamus Tansey in September. It's on their website and on YouTube. Seamus Tansey died yesterday.

It's a very interesting interview.
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Seamus Tansey Interview

Post by kkrell »

Normski wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:42 am It's a very interesting interview.
He was a very interesting man. RIP the King of the Concert Flute. Phantom shadows.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

Sad news indeed that Seamus has passed away. R.I.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCu992rd0Us
Martisan
Tell us something.: My favourite flute player is Matt Molloy. I’m a keen flute player from Dublin and would like to talk about all things flute-related with other players.

Post by Martisan »

I know I’m new around here but very sorry to hear of his passing. I never met him, but king of the concert flute was a staple album at home when I was growing up.
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Normski wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:42 am The Irish Traditional Music Archive have released a video of an interview that Barry Kerr did with Seamus Tansey in September. It's on their website and on YouTube. Seamus Tansey died yesterday.

It's a very interesting interview.
https://youtu.be/qXAeS12hJlU
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Warm tributes were paid to Tansey by old friends Mick O Connor, Patsy Hanly and Catherine McEvoy, at the closing concert of SSWC just now.

Added later:

The three mentioned above played a set of Sligo polkas and each paid an individual tribute. Hanly said he knew Tansey since he was fifteen 'and that is a long time go'. Catherine McEvoy said she knew him for 53 years and recalled one time, when she was around seventeen, when a little blonde headed little boy of around twelve started visiting Tansey while she was there. That was Michael Flatley 'and they stayed firm friends ever since'

They finished off with a selection of reels, I seem to remember The Traveller and Blackberry Blossom.

Image Image
My brain hurts