Billy Miller - Pipe Dreams

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Medibrew
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am not (yet) a serious flute player, but I have two Radoslav Pakalev kavals, and I studied kaval for a time. Over the past few years, I have done a number of searches on this forum, and I have found it super informative. I am starting to think about switching from kaval to Irish flute. Somehow, that made me conclude that it's time to join the forum officially.

Billy Miller - Pipe Dreams

Post by Medibrew »

When I was a child, maybe ten years old, my aunt brought me to a Renaissance festival. I met a flute maker there by the name of Billy Miller, and I purchased a cassette recording from him, titled Pipe Dreams. I listened to that tape over and over again for years. I have no idea what happened to the tape, it's long gone, but I still have a couple of the songs run through my head from time to time. I've since identified one of them as an adaptation of The Butterfly, and another seems awfully similar to the Monaghan Jig, but might be something else. Anyhow, is anyone else familiar with this recording? It was such a big influence in my young self, if I could track down another copy of it, it would blow my mind.
veloed
Location: Pacific Northwest - where even the dead trees are green

Re: Billy Miller - Pipe Dreams

Post by veloed »

Hi Medibrew,

SoundCloud has a few of Billy's flute playing -
https://soundcloud.com/billymiller-1/se ... Partnerize

https://billymiller.wordpress.com/audiomusic/
his wordpress site also lists his myspace as having some tunes -

Ed
Djcrane65
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I want to help with information on a topic.
I noticed that somebody on this forum mentioned the subject of a musician named William "Billy" Miller.
All my life, music has been a big force.
I happen to have some info that I feel will be helpful to the poster.

Re: Billy Miller - Pipe Dreams

Post by Djcrane65 »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.
I met Billy in 1985 (ish) at King Richard's Faire (now Bristol Renn Faire) in Kenosha WI.
I have that out of print cassette in mint condition, along with the 2 that followed!
It's fantastic.
If you have any questions about it, you can email me at djcrane65@yahoo.com