Tim Adams Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Tim Adams Flutes

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Curious if anyone on the Board owns a Tim Adams Flute, and if so what do you think?
Tim's prices look very reasonable . He has 2 videos of himself playing one of his Mopane Flutes and one of him playing a Blackwood Model
I think there have been a number of Posts regarding Tim and his Flutes, but I don't think anyone owns one.
But judging by his Videos they sound quite nice
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Tim Adams Flutes

Post by kkrell »

I only saw one mention of someone personally owning & playing one, and C&F member Steampacket lives near him. I assume you read the thread (including comments from Tim Adams, who is also a C&F member):
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106271
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
cquick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Tim Adams Flutes

Post by cquick »

I have one of his flutes (earlier generation). I think it is quite good, intonation good, easy to fill, light, came with two plugs one of F natural and the other for Bb. When there was an issue with one of the brass rings, he took flute back and fixed it.

No experience with current model.