McNeela flute case and Trad Pro bag

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Squeeky Elf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

McNeela flute case and Trad Pro bag

Post by Squeeky Elf »

I’ve no financial interest, and I’m aware that you can read reviews online, but I wanted to give y’all my two pesos worth. Still, please delete with my apologies if this seems inappropriate.

I’m very pleased with them both. The case is very sturdy. There was no odor with either. If you’ve ever bought a stinky case you will know what I’m talking about. The case differed from the picture in that instead of a bit of red plastic on the latches, mine has green. More importantly, there is now a strip of material running down the center of the whistle section to hold them more securely. The reviews had mentioned that the weight of a Killarney or similar will cause it to come loose from the cut out. Apparently McNeela has heard this and responded. The foam holds the flute parts and whistles snugly, and there is room in the case left for cork grease. While there are no pockets in the bag, I can easily fit my swab stick inside. The only possible negative is that two of the three pieces of my flute have to be assembled to fit. I was on the fence for a quite while with this purchase, but I am glad I took a chance. Now if I ever get to leave the house and go out for a tune I’ll be set.
“Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.”