Does anyone knows Bryan Byrne's contact information?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Qiufan Zhu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: it.DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Does anyone knows Bryan Byrne's contact information?

Post by Qiufan Zhu »

Hi folks:
Has Bryan Byrne retired yet?I plan to order a flute.But I couldn't contact him.If anyone knows about him,please tell me.Thanks.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Does anyone knows Bryan Byrne's contact information?

Post by Steampacket »

Here's the address:
Bryan Byrne Flutes
325 Stellar Rd
Williamstown, VT 05679
USA

Tel. (802) 433-5536

But it seems he has perhaps stopped making flutes?
Qiufan Zhu
Tell us something.: it.DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Post by Qiufan Zhu »

Thanks a lot.Very little information.He doesn't have own website and email.a old-style figure.I wish I could get in touch with him.Thanks again,Steampacket.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

The last I heard he was still making the occasional flute. Worth talking to, IMO. The best way to reach him is to phone.
Qiufan Zhu

Post by Qiufan Zhu »

Thanks Jim.
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

Let me know if you can't reach him-- I have spoken to him in the past month or two....
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Qiufan Zhu

Post by Qiufan Zhu »

Julia Delaney wrote:Let me know if you can't reach him-- I have spoken to him in the past month or two....
I sent him a text message,but he hasn't answered me yet.I don't like talking on the phone.It is makes me nervous.My spoken English is not good either.
Qiufan Zhu

Post by Qiufan Zhu »

Whether I can buy a flute from him or not.At least it means he is in good health.This is a good news.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

He is a very kind and intelligent man. If you tell him your English isn't so good but you would like to talk to him about a flute, you will probably be able to communicate well enough. Phone is the way I've always reached him.
Qiufan Zhu

Post by Qiufan Zhu »

jim stone wrote:He is a very kind and intelligent man. If you tell him your English isn't so good but you would like to talk to him about a flute, you will probably be able to communicate well enough. Phone is the way I've always reached him.
I called him three times in the space of a few hours.Didn't get through.Maybe he is busy.Maybe he is wary of unfamiliar numbers.Because of the time difference,I can only call him in the evening.It is time for bed.I'll probably try again tomorrow night.Anyway,thanks you for your encouragement,Jim.

It would be very convenient if he had an email.Even Sam Murray used to be accessible by email.Of course I won't buy Sam's flute.The quality seems very erratic.I will take a lot of risks.Although Harry Bradley use his flute.A good performer is an advertisement for the flute maker.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Bryan lives in a house in the woods. He really seems not to want to be plugged in to the world. No website, he doesn't seem to like e mail. As he isn't much 'in business' lately as a flute maker, he may well be teaching school to support himself. I had one of his flutes for a good number of years and finally sold it. Still wake in the night screaming. Good luck!