It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:18 pm 

huilu wrote:
Now, after some research, it seems like the best flute for me to start with would be a keyless Delrin flute in D. I looked through some recommendations on this forum as well as elsewhere and it seems it should be possible to get a (relatively) good flute for about 300-400€. Now, what I struggle with is to find the right design (Pratten vs Rudall) and maker. From what I've read, most people find Rudall flutes a bit easier to play, but eventually, it all comes done to individual preferences? I have read through the Pratten/Rudall thread on this forum and some other information elsewhere, but I still don't feel like I know what would be the right choice for me (and I probably won't, until I try). :-?

As I live in the EU, I was looking for sellers who are also located here

There's a new entry on the Used Instrument Exchange for a Vincent Di Mauro delrin, Rudall style. That might fit your bill...

[I have no involvement with the sale, don't know the seller, nor have I seen this instrument. However, I have owned a Di Mauro and found it to be a nicely made, in-tune flute with no issues. Well worth the price I paid.]

Best wishes.

Steve