FS: 6 Key Sam Murray African Blackwood

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
AConnolly
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Interested in flute playing and making, and also have a Sam Murray to advertise. I am a multi-instrumentalist and have been playing flute for a few years.

FS: 6 Key Sam Murray African Blackwood

Post by AConnolly »

2018 Sam Murray 6-Key flute for sale. This flute is priced to sell as I will be in receipt of a Solen Lesouef flute next week. Low D is strong and in tune.

Recordings of this flute are available on several tracks at https://adrianconnollymusic.bandcamp.com/releases (free download)

From McNeela music site: "Sam Murray is celebrated the world over for the quality and craftsmanship of his superior flutes. This custom made premium African Blackwood traditional six-keyed flute. The tone is powerful but also beautifully balanced and sweet with that all-important strong low D and its light weight makes it a delight to handle.

Made from rare African Blackwood, a fine and dense wood, and finished with sterling silver rings and keys, its high-end finish complements its superb sound. With loads of volume it's ideal in a fast session. The embouchure is such that the flute is easy to fill and keep filled, promoting an ease of sustained play without exhausting your lungs."

If you have any queries, or would like any more information please do not hesitate to contact me on 00447964825327

Photos available at:

https://www.donedeal.ie/brassandwind-fo ... e/25564004
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: FS: 6 Key Sam Murray African Blackwood

Post by kenny »

Hi - "kenny" here again. Just out of curiousity, we had a discussion here recently about the name stamped on Sam Murray's flutes. There seemed to be 3 options - "Murray", "Murraeus" and "Muraeus". There does appear to be a name stamped on the barrel section as seen in the photo, but I can't make it out. Is it any of these 3 ?
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
AConnolly
Tell us something.: Interested in flute playing and making, and also have a Sam Murray to advertise. I am a multi-instrumentalist and have been playing flute for a few years.

Post by AConnolly »

kenny wrote:Hi - "kenny" here again. Just out of curiousity, we had a discussion here recently about the name stamped on Sam Murray's flutes. There seemed to be 3 options - "Murray", "Murraeus" and "Muraeus". There does appear to be a name stamped on the barrel section as seen in the photo, but I can't make it out. Is it any of these 3 ?
Hi Kenny - it is stamped 'Muraeus'
You will see a close up of this on the Sam Murray section of the McNeela music website
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

Thanks for sating my curiousity Adrian. Hope that you get a sale soon.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
AConnolly

Post by AConnolly »

Flute is now sold