Measurement on Solen Lesouef D flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
pixyy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Measurement on Solen Lesouef D flute

Post by pixyy »

A bit of an odd request perhaps but if anyone who owns a Solen Lesouef D flute could share the measurement of the distance from the bottom edge of the 6th hole (the one you close to get a D) to the top edge of the c# hole on the foot joint, that would be a great help :)
Much appreciated!!
marshwren
Tell us something.: I [try to] play Irish traditional music on the flute. Other activities include bicycling, knitting, walking, cartoon watching, novel reading, and language learning.

Re: Measurement on Solen Lesouef D flute

Post by marshwren »

I get 8.5cm on mine-- maybe just a hair under. It may be an older version, though. I don't know how much her design has shifted over time.
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

I've been in touch with Solen after recently receiving my brand new keyless D flute (mopane).
She explained that her new design moves the 6th hole a bit further down.
cheers
jenfen

Post by jenfen »

Mine comes in at ~7cm. Keyless mopane D.