Kevin Crawford Interview - The Blarney Pilgrims Podcast

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
BlarneyPilgrimsPod
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: We’re two Irish lads based in Geelong, Victoria, Australia and we create a weekly Irish music podcast about tunes and how people fell in love with the music. It’s really good, even if we say so ourselves ; )

Dom plays whistle
Darren plays clawhammer banjo

Kevin Crawford Interview - The Blarney Pilgrims Podcast

Post by BlarneyPilgrimsPod »

Hello again. Here's a little blurb about this week's episode with Kevin Crawford. I hope you enjoy...

Playing old tunes. Records on the wall. The art and laughter of Michael Grinter. The Teetotallers. That Gort Tape. Birmingham Irish music in the 80s. Living in America. The birth of Lúnasa. And the Crucible as an analogy for Irish music. Gold.

The incredibly talented and generous Kevin Crawford joins us for a mammoth chat down the line from Brooklyn, New York. Honestly the man is as good a storyteller as he is a player. You’re in for a treat with this one.

To listen, stream or download simply click a link below:

Our website: https://blarneypilgrims.fireside.fm
iTunes: https://apple.co/2A6tUPm
Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/3cPTkis
Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3eIwBFy

Or alternatively, simply search your favourite podcast app for the Blarney Pilgrims.

During the episode Kevin plays:

Old John’s / The Longford Tinker
City of Savannah / James Hanley’s
Dear Irish Boy / The Hole In The Boat / Sally Sloane’s
Dan Collins / (Untitled - If anyone recognises it please let us know)
Hula Hoop / (Untitled - If anyone recognises it please let us know)

Cheers,
Darren (and Dom)
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Re: Kevin Crawford Interview - The Blarney Pilgrims Podcast

Post by Sedi »

Thanks a lot! Listening to it right now.
BlarneyPilgrimsPod
Tell us something.: We’re two Irish lads based in Geelong, Victoria, Australia and we create a weekly Irish music podcast about tunes and how people fell in love with the music. It’s really good, even if we say so ourselves ; )

Dom plays whistle

The name of the tune after Dan Collin's is The Caravan. If/when I get the name of the one after Hula Hoop I'll post that too.
Brus

Post by Brus »

BlarneyPilgrimsPod wrote:That Gort Tape.
Is this available anywhere on the internet? I've heard much about this, but I haven't heard it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
Eagach
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Eagach »

Thanks for the link, very interesting listening. Any body know the name of the jig that plays at the start of these podcasts ? Cheers
BlarneyPilgrimsPod

Dom plays whistle

Brus wrote:
Is this available anywhere on the internet? I've heard much about this, but I haven't heard it.

Hi Brus, check your personal messages.

Cheers,
Darren
BlarneyPilgrimsPod

Dom plays whistle

Eagach wrote:Thanks for the link, very interesting listening. Any body know the name of the jig that plays at the start of these podcasts ? Cheers
Hi Eagach, the name of the tune is The Roaring Barmaid. It was lifted from a recording Dom took one night at the Last Jar in Melbourne. The session would have been led by the accordion player Paddy Fitzgerald.

Cheers
Darren
Brus

Post by Brus »

BlarneyPilgrimsPod wrote:
Brus wrote:

Hi Brus, check your personal messages.

Cheers,
Darren
Ah, much thanks! Listening now. Good stuff.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)