SOLD Chris Wilkes Keyless D Flute in Blackwood SOLD

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
sjp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute player and would like to join the forum to be part of a community that has a common interest and exchange ideas, tunes and the like.

SOLD Chris Wilkes Keyless D Flute in Blackwood SOLD

Post by sjp »

ITEM NOW SOLD

FOR SALE Chris Wilkes Keyless D Flute in Blackwood

in fitted wooden Mahogany case

with

Additional head joint (imitation ivory insert) in own fitted case.

Purchased from maker in September 2016. Mainly played with imitation ivory inset head joint.

In excellent condition. Always swabbed out after each play and oiled regularly. No cracks or damage.

He has a ten year waiting list for his instruments so I was lucky to get this one after only 2+ years wait.

Asking price £840 (excluding Postage / packing etc)

More details and photos sent on request

b]ITEM NOW SOLD[/b]
Last edited by sjp on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: FOR SALE Chris Wilkes Keyless D Flute in Blackwood

Post by pmcallis »

Please check your PM's.
Paul
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

pmcallis wrote:Please check your PM's.
Paul
sjp still has yet to complete his third approved post, so until then PM access will be unavailable to him. He's been made aware of this, and the ball's in his court. In the interim, you might try email.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

This is not a straight sale. It is a closed bid auction from someone based in Scotland. I received the following yesterday, in response to my inquiry:
THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF INTEREST IN THIS ITEM

In order to choose the lucky buyer I propose that if you are interested to email me your best offer by 1200 hrs tomorrow (Monday 17th August) . Whoever has the highest offer at that time gets the item.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

That time (Scotland) is now passed. Who won?
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Geoffrey Ellis
Tell us something.: Crafting fine quality folk flutes from around the world since 1997, my goal is to create beautiful instruments that have the best possible voice, tuning and response by mixing modern methods with traditional designs.

Post by Geoffrey Ellis »

Julia Delaney wrote:This is not a straight sale. It is a closed bid auction from someone based in Scotland. I received the following yesterday, in response to my inquiry:
THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF INTEREST IN THIS ITEM

In order to choose the lucky buyer I propose that if you are interested to email me your best offer by 1200 hrs tomorrow (Monday 17th August) . Whoever has the highest offer at that time gets the item.
That posted price did seem a bit too good to be true ;-)