flute & fiddle recordings

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
DWListener
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm interested in improving my wooden flute technique (ITM), and have a collection from modern makers and historical flutes. I have been a full time professional musician on non-Irish trad instruments (brass) so the challenge now is coordinating fingers not previously used and the embouchure. Fortunately my experience on wind instruments and the ability to communicate by feeling the melody is still there. Thanks for keeping the flute forum up and busy.

Re: flute & fiddle recordings

Post by DWListener »

Seanchairde: "Old Friends".

Tara Diamond (flute), Dermy Diamond (fiddle), and the soft and subtle Daithi Sproule on guitar.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Tunborough wrote:"Campagnoli: 6 Duos for Flute and Violin, Opus 2," Francesco and Stefano Parrino...

Ummmm ...probably not what you're looking for. :wink:
The Telemann Canonic Sonatas do nicely with flute and fiddle. I'm pretty sure there's nothing below a D in any of them.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
ecadre
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by ecadre »

Julia Clifford & Billy Clifford: "Ceol as Sliabh Luachra"
John McGreevy & Séamus Cooley: "McGreevy and Cooley"

I have these as LPs. No idea whether they've made it to the age of CDs and the World Wide Web.