YouTube session Shannon and Matt Heaton

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

YouTube session Shannon and Matt Heaton

Post by busterbill »

Shannon and Matthew Heaton have done a number of YouTube sessions for those of us who need/like to play with others. They are aiming at a a slower speed and playing many familiar tunes for us to play along. And of course, if you like it even slower you could change the speed. Or if you really want to fly, speed it up. HaHa

The Online Academy of Irish Music was posting YouTube sessions as well.
Juan Pablo Plata
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: YouTube session Shannon and Matt Heaton

Post by Juan Pablo Plata »

BKWeid
Tell us something.: I really enjoy the information and experience from the members on this forum. I've learned so much from the long time members about ITM, flutes, and whistles in general. I also enjoy the humor and culture. Instrument reviews have been helpful and the posts on embouchure are priceless. As I generally don't get out to sessions, the information from this board is my only connection at times to the music.

Post by BKWeid »

I've been attending/watching the Shannon/Matt Slow Sessions and really enjoying it. The Heaton's are super fun! It has been nice to be able to start and stop as interruptions come along. Very good Coronavirus diversion!
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

It's good fun!
Shannon's Tune of the Month series are a wonderful teaching resource too.
I'm not a guitarist, but recently Matt started a 'backer's corner' where he talks about chords and shapes for backing tunes, which I'm quite sure I will share with some guitarists that have shown an interest in backing Irish tunes.
rogervj
Tell us something.: I play guitar, flute and whistle. I fell in love with trad after visiting Ireland some years ago. I don't post much but I visit and read all the time.

Post by rogervj »

The Heatons are wonderfully generous and a great resource for learners! Please share the guitar link.
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

They are posted on Shannon's YouTube Channel under the name "Backer Corner with Matt Heaton" :) There's two so far:

Eminor tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk05x-qLFio
Partial Chords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37RXnbVJq90

enjoy