Clifford Rae flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Vlad Maigret
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: An amateur guitar and flute player based in Moscow. I like jazz and improvisation. A huge fan of Peter Bastian. Currently, I own a Yamaha flute ( 100 series) however I'm going to explore some other kinds of flutes ( if I'm lucky),

Clifford Rae flutes

Post by Vlad Maigret »

Guys, I found this website.
http://www.reaflutes.co.uk/_/home.html
I wrote to them and that is what i got :
"Hi we make a metal 2piece 5keyed flute priced at £195-00 plus postage or you can have an African black wood 3 piece flute at £210-00 plus postage"

Seems a real bargain! Even it seems too good to be true... What do you think?
Akiba
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

Re: Clifford Rae flutes

Post by Akiba »

Looks like a Protestant No. Irish fife maker producing instruments for Drum & Fife bands. On his website, I didn't see anything that looked like an Irish concert flute like the ones we typically use for Irish music. Listened to the video--the tuning is wonky on the fifes, but it's consistent so they are all wonky together. Kinda cool actually. I'd call him and ask about low D flutes.
Vlad Maigret
Tell us something.: An amateur guitar and flute player based in Moscow. I like jazz and improvisation. A huge fan of Peter Bastian. Currently, I own a Yamaha flute ( 100 series) however I'm going to explore some other kinds of flutes ( if I'm lucky),

Re: Clifford Rae flutes

Post by Vlad Maigret »

I asked if it is possible to order an F flute. No response. Pity, I d love to have a metal keyed F