Aquisitions (2020)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
fatmac
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Aquisitions (2020)

Post by fatmac »

I wasn't going to buy any more this year, but an opportunity came up, & I couldn't resist, so a Tony Dixon aluminium duo in 'D' will be heading my way very soon.

(I have been using a TD Trad brass 'D' piccolo to play & improve my embouchure just lately, so it'll be nice to have this one too.)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Lyscanthrope
Tell us something.: I am interrested in Irish music and an aspiring flute player.
I started on a doug tipple then I switched to a baudet ....I love it !

Re: Aquisitions (2020)

Post by Lyscanthrope »

Ahah! I had the same idea...
And got myself a duo in G. I was fearing that the flute part was going up be not so great.

On fact I have been pretty pleased with it :
The low whistle is okay (I'm not a good player)
And the flute/fife is doing quite good!

I ordered this one for traveling (really sturdy) and being able to let non flute player play with the whistle part.

Please let us know if your opinion on the duo in high d!
mendipman
Tell us something.: I play flute and stringed instruments and enjoy playing in sessions and for step dancers and teach music part-time. My flutes are a new Gilles Lehart blackwood keyless in D, a c.1820 Clementi 'Nicholson improved' English boxwood single key in F and a simple-system 8-key English blackwood flute made by Richard Weekes of Plymouth, Devon c.1840 both in beautiful, pristine condition. I also have a wooden c.1880 English keyed flageolet. My home is in North Somerset a short distance from where my family come from at Blackford in the Mendip Hills and my repertoire are the tunes that are local to my area. That is the rural vernacular English music from when ordinary working people simply played and danced to their own rhythm with little concern for that which lay beyond a day's walk.

Post by mendipman »

fatmac wrote:I wasn't going to buy any more this year, but an opportunity came up, & I couldn't resist, so a Tony Dixon aluminium duo in 'D' will be heading my way very soon.

(I have been using a TD Trad brass 'D' piccolo to play & improve my embouchure just lately, so it'll be nice to have this one too.)

Was that a New Year resolution?

If it was I make that 29 days. Not too bad really. :wink:
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

No not a new years resolution, (as they never last for me anyway), just that I have enough instruments already. :)

Yes, I really like this little high 'D' duo, not too loud & nice tone, with a fairly easy embouchure. I also have an 'A' duo, & that is mainly kept as a flute too. :thumbsup:
(I have two other 'A' whistles.)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.