, "Gabos Barna" Keyed Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ignacio
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello! I PLAY THE FLUTE AND WHISTLES AND PIPES, AND I'm very interested in this forum, to chat and discuss, discover and learn things about.

, "Gabos Barna" Keyed Flutes

Post by Ignacio »

Hello, How are you all?
My name is Ignacio. I'm from North of Spain.

A couple of weeks before I got two Bamboo flutes from the maker," Gabos Barna", based near Budapest I think. One of my friends from Galway recommend it to me.
One flute is in Low C and the other is in E natural. To be honest, both of them are just amazing, really lovely sound and very well balance.
I saw in his website he does keyed flutes too. Now I'm thinking to get one of them. Maybe a "D" one, or a low "Bb" 6 keyed.

I would like to ask to the forum if some of you could tell me more about his keyed flutes. It would be very appreciated.

Thank you all so much!!!
Frostyreeds
Tell us something.: Hello! Just creating an account in order to post on the uilleann forum about piping stuff, probably mostly about reeds and reedmaking. Thanks and have a good day!

Re: , "Gabos Barna" Keyed Flutes

Post by Frostyreeds »

A friend of mine has an African blackwood flute from him with 6 keys on it and it's just fantastic - the tone, the tuning, easy to play and there's plently of volume. I've got a keyless one and it's just as good, but no keys. I plan on adding a couple at one point in the future.

I think you can't really go wrong with a flute fron Barna. Go for it, and happy times waiting :)
vermichou

Post by vermichou »

Hi,

I've tried a few of his wooden flutes. I had an early model that was not there yet, but his flutes are now easy blowers and they get better and better. As always with Barna, the intonation is great. I got an Eflat from him, a nice little flute with some humph and a very nice tone! I went for Mopane which unfortunately cracked a few weeks ago, but the flute is still responding very well and Barna is happy to fix this as soon as I can send the flute.

I play the Eb here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e8ykYhl7Ls

So I wouldn't hesitate much. I can't vouch for the keys, I haven't tried them, but if he's putting as much effort into the keys as into the flute itself, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Michel
Ignacio
Tell us something.: Hello! I PLAY THE FLUTE AND WHISTLES AND PIPES, AND I'm very interested in this forum, to chat and discuss, discover and learn things about.

Post by Ignacio »

Thank you so much! Your answers are been so helpful to me. I already ordered to Gabos a Low C 6 Keyed blackwood.Im so happy I would play such a beautiful flute. I can't wait...