Grinter 8 keyed flute for sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Jerry
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Grinter 8 keyed flute for sale

Post by Jerry »

I advertised my Grinter 8 keyed African blackwood for sale at the same time Mike lost his life in an accident..I had many interested people but no sale because of some restrictions in the U.S. about the import of some timbers.
It is the same flute as advertised before, but now it has been repadded..It has been virtually unplayed for several years and pads had deteriorated...Not the flute! It has been well kept.
, I will not send to the US ( unless of course the laws have changed ?)
Selling because I rarely play more than a humble tin whistle. At my time in life I would like to see it go to somebody who will get many, many years fun out of it..and play it better than I ever could !
I am open to offers....honestly not sure of the value now...not necessarily the highest offer will get it...I would prefer not to sell on eBay and pay a $440 fee...So, if interested, make me an offer I cannot refuse!.I would prefer payment by pay pal as a gift if it sells..
Last edited by Jerry on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Grinter flute for sale

Post by kkrell »

Are you aware that the international CITES restrictions on blackwood (& other rosewoods) ends November 28 for musical instruments? In this last summer's meeting CITES approved the industry's request that completed musical instruments should be exempt, and it takes effect 90 days after that decision. You can now accomplish an international sale after November 28 without any complication. Only Brazilian Rosewood (a CITES Article I endangered item) remains restricted.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
bwat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Woodwind and brass player. Interested in jazz and folk music. I'm here for the flute discussions. I really can't think of anything else to report and I have to pad this out to at least 1000 characters.

Re: Grinter flute for sale

Post by bwat »

Jerry wrote:payment by pay pal as a gift if it sells..
From https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Pay ... d-p/155488

Re: I've sent money as a 'gift' how am I protected?
Unfortunately not, no. There's no legal agreement in place where we can start reversing payments sent as gifts. We might be able to investigate the sellers account and shut it down if we have evidence of them breaching the user agreement but that would still not give us the right to reverse the payment.

You might want to look down the card protection or legal route for something like this.
Jerry

Re: Grinter 8 keyed flute for sale

Post by Jerry »

Grinter flute is now sold
Steampacket

Re: Grinter 8 keyed flute for sale

Post by Steampacket »

How much did the flute sell for? I'm just curious and understand if you don't wish to say.

From the C&F thread: Grinter flute price - February 2019.

"A six key lancewood Grinter was for sale, in England, for £3000 ($3865) in March 2018."

Perhaps this was your flute Jerry? "One offered here in Australia matching that exact description failed to sell recently for A$4300, about USD$3000, after being listed a couple of times on ebay and here. This is principally due to the immense difficulties of getting CITES permits to import into the US and other countries. This flute was offered, by pure coincidence, at the exact time Mike Grinter was killed tragically in a road cycling accident."