For Sale: Wylde for R and R D and Metzler/Liddle D flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mgcsoptom
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play flute and currently own five nineteenth century flutes. I would like to know more about them.

For Sale: Wylde for R and R D and Metzler/Liddle D flutes

Post by mgcsoptom »

I have two flutes for sale on eBay:
1. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274061812942.
Wylde From Rudall and Rose. 67cm. D Concert Flute . ]I've had the flute for about 2 years .A friend in Ireland saw it and thought it would be good for me. This Friend, David Lamb, bought the flute for me in Kilkenny, from another player. He loved it and would have kept it himself, but he is left handed. He tells me it was set up by Sam Murray with repairs to two cracks in the barrel and to one above the mouth plate. All the work looks good to me. I’m selling it because I need to release some funds at the moment and I do have a bit of a collection (none of which I play very often), so for me it is a good time let this one go.

2. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274061839924
possibly Metzler or Alexander Liddle 8 keyed Concert D flute. Keys are stamped AL. the flute is virtually identical to one of Terry McGee's flutes shown under Metzler flute in his studies of vintage flutes. The hand engraved rings and every characteristic are like a carbon copy. This flute has a new head and barrel made by Chris Wilkes. Also one or two keys were replaced but I can't remember which. None of the stamped keys were renewed. I have had this flute almost 40 years.
mgcsoptom
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play flute and currently own five nineteenth century flutes. I would like to know more about them.

Re: For Sale: Wylde for R and R D and Metzler/Liddle D flute

Post by mgcsoptom »

These flutes are both now Sold.