How is Martin doyle?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Pjotre
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a beginner on the irish flute and have some question. I have a Tipple flute since some time and want to upgrade to a keyless wooden flute. Also i found some nice tunes, which can not be played with a flute in the key of D, because the include the bottom C. Or i dont know how (transposing?).

How is Martin doyle?

Post by Pjotre »

Hey folks,

i was thinking about ordering a flute by Martin doyle and sent him an eMail. But he doesnt answer in a coupple of days. I thought, ok, maybe he is on vaccation or something. But then i found out he had open heart surgery in august last year. Further, i couldnt find any news from or about him after Feb. 2019 (no updates on FB, Twitter or his homepage). Does anyone know if he recovered well?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: How is Martin doyle?

Post by kkrell »

He seems to be posting on Facebook about his activities. He seems fine. Maybe your email was lost in transmission.

Sure you have the right Facebook profile? He's been posting all along:
https://www.facebook.com/martin.doyle.9693
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

He was out playing a Bach sonata in the Courthouse in Ennistimon last month (or was it, recently anyway) and is about.

If he doesn't reply within another few days, try again or give him as bell. Patience is a good thing. A little while ago there was a thread on concertina.net when someone came on to complain a maker hadn't replied to their email after several hours, which shows how silly expectations have become. People have lives, work and priorities.
My brain hurts

Pjotre
Tell us something.: I am a beginner on the irish flute and have some question. I have a Tipple flute since some time and want to upgrade to a keyless wooden flute. Also i found some nice tunes, which can not be played with a flute in the key of D, because the include the bottom C. Or i dont know how (transposing?).

Post by Pjotre »

Yes, ofc. i dont expect a repley within a few hours.
Its hard to be patient when you are looking forward to something. its a little bit more than a week now and still no answer:(