Wylde From Rudall & Rose for sale on ebay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mgcsoptom
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play flute and currently own five nineteenth century flutes. I would like to know more about them.

Wylde From Rudall & Rose for sale on ebay

Post by mgcsoptom »

I am selling a flute on Ebay : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273947338575
Vintage Wooden Flute: Wylde From Rudall and Rose. 67cm. D Concert Flute
I've had the flute for about 2 years .A friend in Ireland saw it and thought it would be good for me. This Friend, David Lamb, bought the flute for me in Kilkenny, from another player. He loved it and would have kept it himself, but he is left handed. He tells me it was set up by Sam Murray with repairs to two cracks in the barrel and to one above the mouth plate. All the work looks good to me. I’m selling it because I need to release some funds at the moment and I do have a bit of a collection (none of which I play very often), so for me it is a good time let this one go. I have put a video on YouTube so the flute can be heard.
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/rMZyV2cnBzo
I will also be selling two more flutes in the near future. These are:
1. possibly Metzler or Alexander Liddle 8 keyed Concert D flute. Keys are stamped AL. the flute is virtually identical to one of Terry Magee's flutes shown under Metzler flute in his studies of vintage flutes. The hand engraved rings and every characteristic are like a carbon copy. This flute has a new head and barrel made by Chris Wilkes. Also one or two keys were replaced but I can't remember which. None of the stamped keys were renewed. I have had this flute almost 40 years.
2: Boxwood and Ivory 8 keyed flute in D by Johan Christian Blume (London 1800-1815?). This has silver key work with pewter plugs. The keys are beautiful and the flute plays with a true but soft tone. There is a big crack in the brass lined head which does not affect the playing . I have had this flute about 8-10 years.
The previous owner had the flute in a large old house in central Scotland in which the flute had been passed down over a number of generations. To her knowledge, the flute had not been played for years.
Before selling the flute she had had the crack repaired and joints set up by an instrument repairer in Edinburgh. The crack reopened after some time in my possession and I have done nothing with it as the flute still plays well to my satisfaction.
When I work out how to upload photos, I will put on photos of all three flutes.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Wylde From Rudall & Rose for sale on ebay

Post by kkrell »

Will you ship the Wylde to the U.S.? It's cocus, so no restriction due to CITES.

Nice flutes.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Andro
Tell us something.: Beginning flute and whistle player. Starting out seriously in Irish Traditional Music. Also interested in flute making.

Post by Andro »

Does it play at A440?
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I'm playing along on a D flute with the fellow's youtube recording. We're in tune.
Swell playing, yes?
mgcsoptom
Tell us something.: I play flute and currently own five nineteenth century flutes. I would like to know more about them.

Post by mgcsoptom »

Thanks for looking at the clip Jim. First time I ever put anything on there.
dunnp

Post by dunnp »

You can upload images easily using imgur
https://imgur.com/upload

Look forward to seeing the boxwood flute.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Is this flute still available? The eBay listing ended without meeting its Reserve.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org