Latest new from CITES etc.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Latest new from CITES etc.

Post by Casey Burns »

Just read that the postponed CITES meeting will be help in Switzerland in mid August. Hopefully they will delist Blackwood and other Dalbergias then, as far as musical instruments go. In the meantime, keep using the permits when sending flutes across international boundaries.

I am almost back at work. My 5 week-old right knee has healed up well, and has full range of motion and is hurting less and less by the day. The profound tiredness after the operation is finally going away. Thus this coming week I plan to go back into flute production.

Casey
jim stone

Re: Latest new from CITES etc.

Post by jim stone »

Glad things are going well for you. We will see in august about CITES, it seems.
Terry McGee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Latest new from CITES etc.

Post by Terry McGee »

Casey Burns wrote:I am almost back at work. My 5 week-old right knee has healed up well, and has full range of motion and is hurting less and less by the day. The profound tiredness after the operation is finally going away. Thus this coming week I plan to go back into flute production.Casey
Great news, Casey. Take it easy though - short bursts at first, building up. By the sound of it, it won't take long, probably no longer. But better cautiously at first than overdoing it and suffering a setback.

My recent surgery reminded me just how lucky I was. The lady in the bed opposite had pretty serious dementia and paranoia, and was refusing her medications. They would like her to go home, but not like that. The chap diagonally opposite had been admitted weeks earlier after an extremely serious road accident. His brother, in the same accident, was still downstairs in intensive care. I never met the chap in the bed next to me - all I heard in three and a half days was some pretty serious-sounding groaning. I was last in, first to go home.