Yet another beginner wants a flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
clothear
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like tin whistles. I'm really bad at playing them, but I don't let that stop me. I like to play a low A whistle -- I figure, that way nobody expects me to be able to play fast!

Re: Yet another beginner wants a flute

Post by clothear »

fatmac wrote:Well, as you are in the UK, I'd suggest looking at Damian Thompson, I think my delrin flute came within 3 weeks of ordering.
That's a great idea -- I'd somehow missed that maker. How do you find it compares to the M&E?
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Other than being a different key, a little quieter, & lighter in weight to hold. Mine is a 2 piece, whilst the M&E is a 3 piece.
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
clothear
Tell us something.: I like tin whistles. I'm really bad at playing them, but I don't let that stop me. I like to play a low A whistle -- I figure, that way nobody expects me to be able to play fast!

Post by clothear »

fatmac wrote:Other than being a different key, a little quieter, & lighter in weight to hold. Mine is a 2 piece, whilst the M&E is a 3 piece.
Thanks, fatmac, I think I'll get hold of one if no cut-price Copleys appear on the site in the near future!