Wood flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Gregor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Wood flutes

Post by Gregor »

I invite all lovers of wooden flutes to my new website

Best regards

Grzegorz Tomaszewicz

gtmusicalinstrumemnts.com
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Wood flutes

Post by kkrell »

International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Interesting... Would be nice to see some prices, though.
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Geoffrey Ellis
Tell us something.: Crafting fine quality folk flutes from around the world since 1997, my goal is to create beautiful instruments that have the best possible voice, tuning and response by mixing modern methods with traditional designs.

Post by Geoffrey Ellis »

Really nice website! Not only an impressive selection of instruments, but beautifully presented (really top notch photography, which is hardly surprising after visiting your photography section!). Very enjoyable to browse through the site.
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

Lovely pictures and I wish you well. It the instruments look lovely. One minor issue I had on was the folk flute playing Blarney Pilgrim, the only recording I had time to listen too actually. There seemed to be a heavy mastering of the sound with a lot of reverb. I honestly couldn't tell what the flute actually sounds like. Those who buy sight unseen from a website might appreciate a clean recording, a "this is what is sounds like in a room without amplification" as well. Just a thought. I am sorry if I am being picky, just trying to give you honest feedback. There is a youtube video... I can't remember which whistle is being played... but the person played a tune on something like a Feadog, which sounds like a Feadog, then masters it to the point where it sounds like something out of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. That was my immediate association when I heard the Barney Pilgrim. Good luck to you! We need more makers out there.
Andro
Tell us something.: Beginning flute and whistle player. Starting out seriously in Irish Traditional Music. Also interested in flute making.

Post by Andro »

Hello Grzegorz,

Lovely website nicely done. Can I add to the chorus of requests for a current price list?

Wishing you all the best from Down Under in Australia.

Andrew
will marshall

Post by will marshall »

Yes, the absence of a price list always suggests the old maxim that "If you've got to ask, you can't afford it".
Unfair in this case, I'm sure.....
Andro
Tell us something.: Beginning flute and whistle player. Starting out seriously in Irish Traditional Music. Also interested in flute making.

Post by Andro »

I wrote to Grzegorz. He will send you an up to date price list on request.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I have one of Grzegorz's renaissance flutes. It's a nice piece, although I've reached my Peter principle when it comes to playing ren flutes.

You can get an idea of pricing and stock on ebay, seller name elenori1 .
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.