Chris Wilkes flute maker?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Chris Wilkes flute maker?

Post by Steampacket »

Is Chris Wilkes still making flutes full time, or has he retired, wound down his business, working part-time perhaps? I e-mailed Chris a while ago but didn't get a reply. His website is still up and functioning. Has anyone received a new Wilkes flute this last year or so? I sincerely hope Chris is still active as a flute maker.
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Chris Wilkes flute maker?

Post by jemtheflute »

Having visited him in the autumn, I can confirm Chris is still making flutes and doing selected repair/restoration work. His health problems of recent years have somewhat abated and he told me he had been enjoying doing some actual proper flute-making again. I couldn't possibly comment on the status of his order book or his communications.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Chris Wilkes flute maker?

Post by Steampacket »

Thanks Jem that's good to know all seems to be well. I think Chris Wilkes is the greatest modern maker of simple system timber flutes. I'll try to contact him later