Casey Burns - Flute Maker and Opera Composer

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Casey Burns - Flute Maker and Opera Composer

Post by Casey Burns »

FYI my musical activities go way beyond making Flutes and other woodwinds, and being a folk musician. I am also occasionally a composer of modern music,. The great Portland composer Tomáš Svoboda was my teacher and mentor in my college and post-college years and remains a dear friend. I am a big opera fan and this year made the acquaintance of of one of the top Baritones of our age. Inspired by this exposure I find myself writing four different short operas, one of which is already commissioned for performance! Well this one is for Lark Camp in 2019. Another one is also planned for the year after.

Here is a frequently updated PDF page describing the operas I am writing, as well as my long association with this art form since early age. See http://www.caseyburnsflutes.com/opera.pdf.

I will be updating this page often even with audio examples eventually - so bookmark it.

These operas are pouring out of me. Suddenly. I must be channeling Donizetti as my operas are similar in scope, and we share the same November 29th birthday.

Enjoy!

Casey