WTB: Keyless McGee GLP or Rudall Refined w/slide

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
rogervj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play guitar, flute and whistle. I fell in love with trad after visiting Ireland some years ago. I don't post much but I visit and read all the time.

WTB: Keyless McGee GLP or Rudall Refined w/slide

Post by rogervj »

WTB: Keyless McGee GLP or Rudall Refined w/slide. Prefer other than blackwood but all offers considered. Dents and scratches ok as long as they don't affect playability. PM me with offers. I haven't seen either of these posted for sale recently and thought that I would shake the tree and see what falls out. Thanks!
rogervj
Tell us something.: I play guitar, flute and whistle. I fell in love with trad after visiting Ireland some years ago. I don't post much but I visit and read all the time.

Re: WTB: Keyless McGee GLP or Rudall Refined w/slide

Post by rogervj »

It seems that these flutes are so good that no wants to part with one :)
I'll move on to other options...
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Re: WTB: Keyless McGee GLP or Rudall Refined w/slide

Post by AaronFW »

rogervj wrote:It seems that these flutes are so good that no wants to part with one :)
I'll move on to other options...
It might just be worth checking with Terry McGee himself, sometimes he has some flutes on hand that the orderer didn't claim, so theoretically, he could have one on hand. Other than that... I don't know what his lead-time is for new keyless flutes, but if I recall correctly, it is just a few months. (And it would be worth the wait.)