FS: 8 Key Antique Cocus Irish Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Uni Flute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: 8 Key Antique Cocus Irish Flute

Post by Uni Flute »

Hello everyone, I am selling my antique Cocus 8 key flute. Please see the following link to the U.I.E. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=107447
Guilleflute
Tell us something.: I am Böhm flute player but I play irish flute as well since one year.

I am also whistle player and maker. I'd like to share opinions about whistles and learn from some other people experiences.

Re: FS: 8 Key Antique Cocus Irish Flute

Post by Guilleflute »

Uni Flute wrote:Hello everyone, I am selling my antique Cocus 8 key flute. Please see the following link to the U.I.E. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=107447
Could it be a Clementi? I have one very similar "Clementi" stamped, although yours seems to be in better condition.
Guille

Clementi Improved 1830-restored by Chris Wilkes, 8 keys (Cocus wood)
Uni Flute

Re: FS: 8 Key Antique Cocus Irish Flute

Post by Uni Flute »

No visible stamps on this one Guille, and this is not only in excellent condition but it is also a very good player. Many of the anonymous Rudall copies I've come across have been of a high manufacture standard, and pretty good players to boot. The same cannot be said of my experience with Metzler/Liddle copies. The quality of those I've played to date have been much poorer in terms of build, intonation and play ability, and I tend to give them a wide birth. This particular antique flute must be the darkest Cocus I've ever seen. You may be forgiven for thinking it was made of Ebony, until seen in strong sunlight, when the deep rich red comes through.