Sé Mo Laoch : Matt Molloy

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Sé Mo Laoch : Matt Molloy

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Tonight(Sunday) on TG4. On the player at the TG4 player for a few weeks after initial braodcast.
My brain hurts

Bran Ruz

Re: Sé Mo Laoch : Matt Molloy

Post by Bran Ruz »

crickett

Post by crickett »

I'm really hoping someone is able to post this to YouTube at some point, since the TG4 player does not work in my location. :sniffle:
Conical bore

Post by Conical bore »

crickett wrote:I'm really hoping someone is able to post this to YouTube at some point, since the TG4 player does not work in my location. :sniffle:
Same here, apparently it's locked out for anyone in the USA. Don't they think there are people interested in Irish music here?

I understand the concept of prioritizing a TV channel for those who pay for it locally, but that's a 20th Century broadcast media concept, and we're in the 21st Century now. It seems to me that the channel could figure out how to monetize YouTube distribution with ads, like any other YouTube channel. It's a shame to keep this kind of thing bottled up by region.

I will still buy the new CD.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

that's a 20th Century broadcast media concept, and we're in the 21st Century now.
We're talking about the national broadcaster here, not a commercial station. They have a specific remit, serving a a specific audience without any obligation to serve an audience outside that remit. They are not given a budget to serve the world.

That said, programmes are often available to a larger audience outside Ireland so there may be restrictions imposed by the production company that produces the series at play as well.

Then again, the player doesn't work for me either at the moment (domain restricted error) while I am definitely in their target area. The feedback form on their website doesn't work for the same reason and e-mail feedback is bounced as well as the provided address (webmaster at TG4.com) is identified as non existent.

It was a nice programme, I sort of dipped in and out of it while it was on the telly on Sunday night, doing something else at the same time. Well worth the watch, if you can sit down and take the time for it. There's a repeat later in the week.

FWIW, the Sé Mo Laoch christmas special with Molloy, Tansey and Flatley was put on youtube by someone : here

And look here for the same person's (upcoming) upload of the present offering
I will still buy the new CD.
That's wholly unrelated.
My brain hurts

kmarty
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by kmarty »

Mr.Gumby wrote:And look here for the same person's (upcoming) upload of the present offering
Video is upcoming because uploader doesn't want to provoke TG4 (too much) so video will be available day after TG4s reprise.
crickett

Post by crickett »

I realized that there is a free TG4 App, so I was able to watch last night on my phone. Those scenes of Molloy playing on his sailboat are gorgeous. He's living my fantasy retirement.
PlanxtyPipes
Tell us something.: Flute, whistle, and (beginner) fiddle player! I live in the Charlotte, NC area and love Irish Traditional Music.

Post by PlanxtyPipes »

Try this link. Worked for me in the US:

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/home/?pid= ... yXzq2941vc

I thought it was very nice. There probably wasn't too much info that Matt Molloy fanatics didn't already know, but Matt seems such a lovely person that it's still a good watch. The ease and fluency with which he plays is always such a joy to see.
Conical bore

Post by Conical bore »

PlanxtyPipes wrote:Try this link. Worked for me in the US:

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/home/?pid= ... yXzq2941vc
Thanks, that worked!