FS: Cocuswood 8 key flute with new head joint

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

FS: Cocuswood 8 key flute with new head joint

Post by Jon C. »

Hi everyone,
A recent restoration; the head joint was not salvagable, due to someone trying to improve the embouchure hole... I decided to make the new head unlined, and make the chimney a little deeper, the original had a thinned head, with a very low chimney. The results were a nice tone! My embouchure cut is copied after Wylde’s round oval. Flute is very similar to my Fentum flutes. Plays well in 440hz, original head was setup for a little higher pitch.
The holes look like it was someones favorite flute!
Anyway looking for a good home for her... With over 30 flutes, it is hard to play them all...

Jon
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Guilleflute
Tell us something.: I am Böhm flute player but I play irish flute as well since one year.

I am also whistle player and maker. I'd like to share opinions about whistles and learn from some other people experiences.

Re: FS: Cocuswood 8 key flute with new head joint

Post by Guilleflute »

Jon C. wrote:Hi everyone,
A recent restoration; the head joint was not salvagable, due to someone trying to improve the embouchure hole... I decided to make the new head unlined, and make the chimney a little deeper, the original had a thinned head, with a very low chimney. The results were a nice tone! My embouchure cut is copied after Wylde’s round oval. Flute is very similar to my Fentum flutes. Plays well in 440hz, original head was setup for a little higher pitch.
The holes look like it was someones favorite flute!
Anyway looking for a good home for her... With over 30 flutes, it is hard to play them all...

Jon
How much are you asking for it? if you have no inconvenience in saying it in public for sure. Thanks
Guille

Clementi Improved 1830-restored by Chris Wilkes, 8 keys (Cocus wood)
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: FS: Cocuswood 8 key flute with new head joint

Post by kkrell »

Guilleflute wrote:How much are you asking for it? if you have no inconvenience in saying it in public for sure. Thanks
Price is in Jon's listing in the Used Instrument Exchange forum post.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=107440
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org