WTB Flute 6 or 8 keys

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Guilleflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am Böhm flute player but I play irish flute as well since one year.

I am also whistle player and maker. I'd like to share opinions about whistles and learn from some other people experiences.

WTB Flute 6 or 8 keys

Post by Guilleflute »

Hi, my name is Guillermo, I'm a flute player from Spain and I'm looking for a flute with at least 6 keys (8 keys is also accepted).

Preferably a R&R desing for medium-small hands, wood or delrin, righthanded. My favourite makers are the following:

Watson
Wilkes
Aeby
Lejeune
Murray
Lesouef
Copley
Baubet
Cotter

Or any other with good references.

Grinter or Olwell normally are out of my range of prices so that's why I don't consider them.

thanks to all in advance.
Guille

Clementi Improved 1830-restored by Chris Wilkes, 8 keys (Cocus wood)
jim stone

Re: WTB Flute 6 or 8 keys

Post by jim stone »

Suggest you search on the Irish Flute Store, which is selling a number of
six and I think eight keyed flutes, some of them pretty reasonably priced.
Good people to deal with.
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

Guilleflute wrote: Grinter or Olwell normally are out of my range of prices so that's why I don't consider them.
I would immagine a 6 keys Wilkes is to be more expensive and rare.
Francesco - Rome, Italy
TransverseWoodenFlutes.com
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

by the way, there are an Ormiston 5keys and a Baubet 3keys on the bay right now. interesting prices.
Francesco - Rome, Italy
TransverseWoodenFlutes.com
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

Saw these on E-bay. Reasonable prices so far. Get new pads on and you could be good to go. Perhaps of interest?

A Metzler
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flute-antiqu ... 0005.m1851

A Fentum
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antique-19th ... SwhElbJVS7

Unmarked flute
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nice-6-silve ... 0752.m1982
Guilleflute
Tell us something.: I am Böhm flute player but I play irish flute as well since one year.

I am also whistle player and maker. I'd like to share opinions about whistles and learn from some other people experiences.

Post by Guilleflute »

Steampacket wrote:Saw these on E-bay. Reasonable prices so far. Get new pads on and you could be good to go. Perhaps of interest?

A Metzler
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flute-antiqu ... 0005.m1851

A Fentum
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antique-19th ... SwhElbJVS7

Unmarked flute
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nice-6-silve ... 0752.m1982
I saw them as well. The unmarked looks good but I'd rather prefer a long C foot.

The Fentum looks nice too but I don't know anything about that brand/maker and it doesn't have longs F key.

What do you think about them?
Guille

Guilleflute

Post by Guilleflute »

radcliff wrote:by the way, there are an Ormiston 5keys and a Baubet 3keys on the bay right now. interesting prices.
I saw them and they really look nice but I'm really afraid of buying a flute without having tried it before...anyway I'm really considering the Ormiston, if no one gets it before me...
Guille

Nicolas86

Post by Nicolas86 »

Why not try to contact some of the makers on the list that do not have long waiting list? You can actually order exactly what you desire
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

I'll put in a good word for Jil Lehart, who makes excellent flutes (including mine) in a Rudall-y mold, and whose 6 keyed flutes are a real bargain at around €1500. Unfortunately, he does not make an 8 keyed version, but he has a short waitlist and a very good reputation.
Guilleflute

Post by Guilleflute »

bigsciota wrote:I'll put in a good word for Jil Lehart, who makes excellent flutes (including mine) in a Rudall-y mold, and whose 6 keyed flutes are a real bargain at around €1500. Unfortunately, he does not make an 8 keyed version, but he has a short waitlist and a very good reputation.
I'm seriously considering him and also Copley, whose waiting list is between 12 and 14 weeks. I need to talk to Mr. Lehart.
Guille