REVIEW: A Pipers Perspective of a Seery Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Patrick D'Arcy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

REVIEW: A Pipers Perspective of a Seery Flute

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Hello team! I thought you might be interested in hearing about my new flute. For anyone thinking about entering the flute realm, or just looking for another flute, this would be an excellent option...

Introducing my new flute by Seery Flutes! It's a beauty. It plays strong, easy and perfectly in tune. I can't say enough good things about it. Mine is the delrin model, which I like, as it is basically bulletproof... and you can defend yourself with it! Having said that, it isn't heavy. The turning on the outside has been refined compared to older models I've seen, especially on the head joint, where more material has been subtly removed but it remains thicker around the embouchure. If you are a flute player you are probably familiar with these flutes, they are a popular, affordable (and incredibly well playing) alternative to the traditional wooden flute.

Sadly Des passed away in 2015, which I just found out at Scoil Samhraidh Willie Clancy. I am proud to say that I met him. He lived in Bray, close to my family. I brought him some California cane several years ago for his reeds. He was a gentleman and wonderfully cheery soul. Fortunately, his legacy continues!

https://www.facebook.com/seery.flutes

Steve Bliven

Re: REVIEW: A Pipers Perspective of a Seery Flute

Post by Steve Bliven »

Patrick D'Arcy wrote:.... Sadly Des passed away in 2015, which I just found out at Scoil Samhraidh Willie Clancy.
So who is making Seery flutes these days?

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Steve Bliven wrote:So who is making Seery flutes these days?
One David Cash, so I understand.

http://seeryflutes.com/

https://www.facebook.com/trianam.music/ ... 96/?type=3
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

That's right. David has been working there for many years. 17 or more I think. I have fond memories of meeting him at Des's workshop in Wolfe Tone Square many moons ago.