Looking for Mid 19th Century London Flute Parts

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Looking for Mid 19th Century London Flute Parts

Post by Casey Burns »

I'm looking for some inexpensive flute parts. Specifically the C and C# keys with pewter plugs that might actually fit a mid 19th century Rudall and Rose that I am trying to find a new home for its deceased owner and widow. According to Robert Bigio who I had lunch with last month, most of the London flute makers including R&R and several others all purchased keys pretty much on the same pattern from a woman whose business was simply casting keys. So there could possibly be some interchangeability or I might be able to modify them or the original blocks enough to make this work. The C key would be the kind found on other Rudall and Roses such as this one or with pewter plugs. (second flute down)

http://www.bolanddowdall.org/rare-flutes-jan-boland/

Actually I am interested in any derelict 8 keyed flute London flute from that period that I could trade one of my flutes for for some projects - I plan to investigate getting keys cast and would like to have a set of keys in front of me to design from. The flute keys have to be fairly intact but the remainder of the flute needs not to be even restorable.

Please send me a message if you have something that fits this criteria. Thanks!

Casey