Video of Irish Flute Player Using Viennese/German Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Uni Flute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Video of Irish Flute Player Using Viennese/German Flute

Post by Uni Flute »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in finding a video of a flute player playing a slow air using what appeared to be a Viennese flute. If I remember correctly, the flute player was a middle aged man seated indoors, using a flute made of dark wood with an ivory headjoint, featuring pin mounted keys and a long extended footjoint, down to low B. The footage appeared to date from the 1980s or early 1990s. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the player's name, or the name of the tune. I encountered the footage as a Youtube video shared to Facebook a few months ago, but I could not find the link again due to the nature of the Facebook newsfeed. I appreciate that my description is rather vague, but any suggestions to the identity of the flute player (or a link to the actual video) would be greatly appreciated.

:)
dunnp

Re: Video of Irish Flute Player Using Viennese/German Flute

Post by dunnp »

I remember the clip as well. I believe the player is Michel Bonamy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rle7SHd-Vs8&app=desktop

I think that’s the same flute.
dunnp

Post by dunnp »

Uni Flute

Post by Uni Flute »

Thank you very much dunnp, that was the video I'd been looking for. I wonder if the flute in question was Viennese or German?
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I remember Michel Bonamy telling how he found the Ziegler (that's what it is) in an antique shop, standing in an umbrella stand. I am sketchy on the details, it's been since the late eighties so the memory ihas faded a bit. And it was a very late night to begin with.
My brain hurts