It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:38 am 

Has anyone here tried this yet? He's getting excellent reviews on his web page.

Best wishes,

K.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:04 am 

keithsandra wrote:
Has anyone here tried this yet? He's getting excellent reviews on his web page.

Best wishes,

K.

Hi Keith, I have a carbon high D from Erik the flutemaker. I am not sure if it is the same as the Irish as I have not been to his site for awhile. I have been playing about 6 month so I am still learning. I actually love the flute but it is LOUD and when I change to a higher octave it is not smooth unless I tongue the notes. I am still a newbie so maybe it's my poor technique. I do love it for most songs but my other D flutes seem to work better at least for me when there are higher octaves throughout. You can blow as hard as you want on this flute without a problem it is just the transition to the higher octave that present a problem for me. It is also a little harder, for me at least, to use ornaments, especially sliding the notes. I am sure if you have been playing awhile this would not be a problem. Laura

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:44 pm 

Hello Laura,

Are you talking about his end blown carbon fibre whistle, or his side blown carbon fibre flute?

It sounds as if you might be talking about his whistles. They sound superb on his sound samples and the Comments give them high praise.

Best wishes,

Keith.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:52 pm 

keithsandra wrote:
Hello Laura,

Are you talking about his end blown carbon fibre whistle, or his side blown carbon fibre flute?

It sounds as if you might be talking about his whistles. They sound superb on his sound samples and the Comments give them high praise.

Best wishes,

Keith.

Hi Keith, It is the end blown carbon fibre whistle. So I guess you were referring to a different flute. The carbon whistles do have a very different and powerful sound which I like. I am still getting used to it. Hope you find the answer to your question. I am still getting used to this forum so ignore the quote below.