Reported activity in violation of the Board’s standards

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
tvoiles
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a whistle player, primarily traditional Irish tunes, but also play with singers and other instrumentalists in various contexts. I also play flute and uilleann pipes, which is what led me to the whistle.

Re: Reported activity in violation of the Board’s standards

Post by tvoiles »

Just to weigh in on my own experiences with "Chris Holbrook": when I was selling a few Glenn Schultz whistles over a year ago, he tried to talk me way down on the price. At first I responded, looking for reasons for his request (like hardship or something) and he was just plain annoying. Eventually I figured out that he was more interested in the potential resale than in the specialness of those whistles, so I just stopped responding to him. It did not occur to me to bring that behavior to the attention of the moderators, but it sounds like it might have been helpful after all. I agree, a community can't rely entirely on officials to keep social order!
Le flute padawan
Tell us something.: I came to this forum because my tin whistle teacher reccomended it because I am thinking about buying an Irish Flute. I want to get other people's opinion about flutes that are good, so that I don't buy a flute that is a piece of crap.

Post by Le flute padawan »

Thanks for the heads up, I shall make sure to keep an eye out for this Chris
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

Nice that this was spotted and dealt with so effectively!
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Yes, thanks to the Mods and anyone else who has been involved. I fortunately never dealt with Chris Holbrook, but did notice the frequent wheeling and dealings of CH on the various forums which caused me the caution flag and be aware of dealings. I do know a member here on C&F that had odd transaction(s) with CH. Anyway, thanks for keeping forum(s) honest and social. :thumbsup:
Finn MacCool
Tell us something.: I enjoy networking with others about trad tunes and whistles, learning fingering techniques and searching for sesiuns
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain (Orange County, California, that is)

Post by Finn MacCool »

A toast in praise of our wise moderators...

"May those who love us, love us;
And for those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts;
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we will know them by their limping!"
WhOA count: 20... and shopping