FS: PETER WORRELL 8 Key Flute $1,995

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
rmvanhorn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Interested in traditional music - Irish, Nordic, you name it. I'm a flute and whistle player and interested in all aspects of flute playing, making.

FS: PETER WORRELL 8 Key Flute $1,995

Post by rmvanhorn »

PETER WORRELL RC Model 8 Key Flute

-Previously owned by Calum Stewart
-Modern reproduction of cylinder bore Rudall Carte with tweaks to the playability/intonation
-Grenadilla Wood
-Fully keyed in Sterling silver (long C, Bb, G#, short F, long F, Eb, C#, low C)
-Post mounted keys

This is an amazing instrument, meticulously made by Peter Worrell, who worked for Howarth of London (high end oboe/clarinet maker). The build quality is much better than many “Irish flute” makers. The cylinder bore produces a very strong low register, and the flute is fully capable of playing chromatically with no “quirks” to speak of.

New price is £2,495 (~$3,295 USD). Priced at $1,995. Shipment to US only due to CITES. I am selling only because I just took delivery of a keyed Olwell and this flute deserves to be played and not sitting around as an extra.

https://youtu.be/_5oRZrJvK_Q

Here is a link to a video of Calum playing this flute. It’s capable of sounding as authentic as the player behind it despite the “Boehm” bore design!

Email me at rmvanhorn at gmail dot com with interest.