Rudall & Carter 2318

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
SMI33R42
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a Flute that I need details of. I am sure someone can help me to find out what it is worth and how to get it repaired

Rudall & Carter 2318

Post by SMI33R42 »

I have a Rudall and Carter Flute number 2318 I am looking to sell this, where is the best place to do this
rama
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Re: Rudall & Carter 2318

Post by rama »

you can try posting an ad here >>> viewforum.php?f=35
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

rama wrote:you can try posting an ad here >>> viewforum.php?f=35
Per the CCCP (that is the Forum rules), since SMI33R42 is new, SMI needs to have 3 posts approved by the moderators before SMI can post in the Used Instrument Exchange.

However, posting here is a good place. And once you have a few more posts, you'll be able to post in the Used Instrument Exchange too.
SMI33R42
Tell us something.: I have a Flute that I need details of. I am sure someone can help me to find out what it is worth and how to get it repaired

Post by SMI33R42 »

How much is this worth?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

SMI33R42 wrote:How much is this worth?
There is not enough information yet. The maker numbered flutes in different series, depending on the type of flute. 8-key simple system flutes, Boehm flutes, some with odd (to us) key systems, conical, cylindrical, wood, silver, etc. This forum tends to focus most on the conical 8-keyed simple system wood flutes. Even those flutes may have special features, such as patent heads, additional keys for special purposes or customized to fit a particular player's hands or fingering preference. Large hole, small hole, medium, tuning/scale differences (A=430ish, A=440, A=452). Value will also depend on the condition, and perhaps in what country the flute is located.

It would be helpful if you could take some photos, host them on a public hosting site or your own website, and supply a link to allow us to see it.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

For example if your flute resembles this one:
https://www.ukauctioneers.com/auction_c ... agesOnly=N