I'm going to be selling an M&E eight key ebonite Pictures?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

I'm going to be selling an M&E eight key ebonite Pictures?

Post by busterbill »

I thought I'd post some pictures with my listing, but I can't figure out how. I have an M&E eight key that would be great for someone who likes to travel. I bought it used a couple of years ago, but don't find I play it very much since I have a couple of good wood flutes. I took it to a local music repair person to see if he could brainstorm a problem that I had with the length of the cnatural key. He soldered on an extra touch from a clarinet and lengthened it to my liking. Someone may like that or it could be removed. I think I paid a bit over $500 but less than $600 but I can't remember what bit. But before I even start to post I can't figure out how to post pictures on this site. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: I'm going to be selling an M&E eight key ebonite Picture

Post by Peter Duggan »

You can't post pictures on this site. You have to upload them elsewhere (photo hosting site or your own site if you've got one) then link to them with the Img tags here.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Piloshun

Post by Piloshun »

As Peter mentionned, you can't host the pictures on chiff and fipple, you have to host them on another site. Fortunately you can do that for free without even creating an account on many site. For instance you could use https://imgbb.com/. Once you upload the pictures you have to use so called bbcode to make them appear in your post. The website I linked provide the bbcode in the correct format, but generally speaking, the syntax look like this "[img]{URL_to_your_image}[/img]".
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Just the Img tags should normally be enough, but you might want to nest these within URL tags if, for example, linking from a smaller image to a larger one...

Code: Select all

[img]your URL here[/img]
Shows the image.

Code: Select all

[url=your large image URL here][img]your small image URL here[/img][/url]
Links the small image to the large image.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?