Olwell cocuswood six key D flute on E-bay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Olwell cocuswood six key D flute on E-bay

Post by Steampacket »

There's a, as new, cocuswood Olwell six key D flute on E-bay just now. Looks to be a Pratten model, silver keys. Only for sale in Europe (I assume EU countries, CITES):
https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/OLWELL-IRI ... SwHola7YSe
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Olwell cocuswood six key D flute on E-bay

Post by kkrell »

Steampacket wrote:There's a, as new, cocuswood Olwell six key D flute on E-bay just now. Looks to be a Pratten model, silver keys. Only for sale in Europe (I assume EU countries, CITES):
https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/OLWELL-IRI ... SwHola7YSe
The seller is misinformed. Cocus is not a CITES-restricted wood, and they can ship it internationally if they wished to.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

And they’ve updated it, in case anyone is interested. It now says “It seems that Cocus doesn't apply for Cites. So International mailing is possible.”
ryarbrough
Tell us something.: I play flute and bodhran. I'm principally a flute player, since life is too short for me to play more than one instrument well.

Post by ryarbrough »

It says payment by bank transfer only, so no PayPal. Once you make the transfer the money is gone with no recourse. I'd be very leery of this transaction unless I was sitting across the table from the seller.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I'd be very leery of this transaction unless I was sitting across the table from the seller.
A bit of trust goes a long way, used with care.

I believe the seller is a member here (an informed guess based on sales history).
My brain hurts

Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Mr.Gumby wrote:I believe the seller is a member here (an informed guess based on sales history).
He is (I've seen him named on Jem's Facebook). All totally above board.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

I've played the flute and can vouch for it and for the seller, it is what it says it is.
Mark
rama
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Post by rama »

I've sold a flute to this seller by the same means, it is a customary way of doing biz.
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

I can vouch for the seller as well, lovely fellow and well known through many flute festivals.
Francesco - Rome, Italy
TransverseWoodenFlutes.com
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

There is a blackwood keyless Olwell flute for sale on the session.org. $1800 plus shipping. Originally purchased sometime between 2002 & 2004. (€1555)
Uni Flute

Post by Uni Flute »

For those who missed out on this rather special Olwell flute, I have a feeling that another special example may be appearing on the market in a couple of weeks time. ;)
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

the little RB stamped in red on the edge of the case lid should have been a dead giveaway as to its seller.
Glad he got a nice price.

this one, aesthetically, is a dead ringer for my own that Pat made custom, including the first use of the stylized rings, a lovely touch.