Anyone buying from CD Baby from outside the U.S.? - CP?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Anyone buying from CD Baby from outside the U.S.? - CP?

Post by kkrell »

I'm posting here because it's related to the Wooden Flute Obsession CDs.

I'm wondering if non-USA customers (from the UK, Ireland, Europe, Asia, etc.) buy from U.S.-based CDBABY.COM to acquire their music in physical CD form.

My costs for international shipment for the Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (by USPS International First Class Mail) keep going up, and I'm curious if fulfillment can be better accomplished through CD Baby, particularly if combined shipments with other artists would be more convenient and cost-effective.

If you've done such ordering, could you please let me know how it went, and whether there were any customs or delivery issues?

Thanks,

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Peter Duggan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Anyone buying from CD Baby from outside the U.S.? - CP?

Post by Peter Duggan »

I've done it occasionally and can't recall any issues. Quite possible that I've paid import VAT on CDs because the VAT-free limit's only £18, but you get quite a lot more (£120) before you get hit for duty and can sometimes get lucky with either. I still prefer physical CDs, but only go to the likes of CD Baby for things I can't get anywhere else... not because there's anything wrong with them, but simply because I'd start closer to home.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?