Changes at Hamilton Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
plamas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Changes at Hamilton Flutes

Post by plamas »

Dear Fluters,
Under pressure of time, age, constant rain, and the imminent demise of the Atlantic salmon, I've decided to close my order book from the 1st May...
Full details on my web page

http://www.hamiltonflutes.com/Welcome.html

All the Best
Hammy
jim stone

Re: Changes at Hamilton Flutes

Post by jim stone »

Much appreciate your effort, which has made a big difference for musicians
and people who just love the music. I envy you, having spent most of my life explaining
obscure ideas to uninterested people. Do have some fun!
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by jemtheflute »

A very understandable and I'm sure a wise decision, Hammy. My congratulations on your achievements and my warmest wishes for your "next phase". :-)
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
Casey Burns

Post by Casey Burns »

Big changes in my shop too. Getting rid of my Land line and not allowing access to my cell number. Email or Snail Mail folks. Too many Robocalls and calls from impatient clients who call me on Sunday mornings as if I work then. Instead of making me work harder, it depresses me and makes me feel bad about myself and a failure - until I put all flute making away for a week or two and work on something that makes me happy such as this Engine Turning or paleontology.

Congrats Hammy on your changes.

They. Had. Their. Chance.

And they squandered it.

Casey
Terry McGee

Post by Terry McGee »

Good plan, Hammy. You may remember some years back I was suffering from the too-big-a backlog syndrome, and closed my books for a few years until it cleared. I've since gently come out of hiding, but not gone looking for work, and things are much more manageable. (Which is not to say I can always predict how long things will take - life just isn't that straightforward!).

Perhaps somebody should be putting the Atlantic Salmon on notice?

And maybe you'll have time to tidy up that workbench. It's looking almost as messy as mine!