Just seen this - congratulations kenny!!!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Just seen this - congratulations kenny!!!

Post by benhall.1 »

https://projects.handsupfortrad.scot/ha ... ny-hadden/

I have only known Kenny as an online presence, but hope to meet up with him one day. I've seen his posts on various forums over many years, and have found that he's not only unfailingly courteous, but one of the most knowledgeable and helpful posters out there.

Congratulations on your musical efforts being recognised, Kenny.

:)
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Re: Just seen this - congratulations kenny!!!

Post by Jayhawk »

Congrats Kenny! That is incredibly cool. Well done!

Eric
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Congratulations, Kenny! Well deserved by a lovely chap. (I've only met him once, at the very first Cruinniú na Bhfliúit, but hope we shall cross paths and share tunes and talk flutes again one day.)
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
Seanie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Seanie »

Well done Kenny. I have only met Kenny a handful of times but have enjoyed each time we have met.

Keep well

John
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Bravo!
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

Many thanks, guys. The mission work on promoting the flute in Scottish traditional music goes on !
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

kenny wrote:Many thanks, guys. The mission work on promoting the flute in Scottish traditional music goes on !
And a very worthwhile mission it is! Keep it up, Kenny!

:)
murrough o'kane
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by murrough o'kane »

Congratulations on your induction into the Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame, Kenny!

Since we first met in the early 1990s, you were always very supportive of me and our wee band back then, and I always enjoyed meeting you and flute talk, both in Stonehaven and Aberdeen. Thanks for having us up there so much.

Delighted to hear of your award!

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes,
Murrough
Last edited by murrough o'kane on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

murrough o'kane wrote:Congratulations on your indoctrination into the Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame, Kenny!
Ooh! Sorry for the aside, and in my own thread too! But it can't be "indoctrination" can it? He doesn't have to be brainwashed now, does he? :) I can't think of the word now. Is it "induction"?
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

benhall.1 wrote:I've seen his posts on various forums over many years, and have found that he's not only unfailingly courteous, but one of the most knowledgeable and helpful posters out there.
Yes, Kenny's one of those contributors whose advice you can always trust as coming from long involvement and experience in the right areas.

Congrats on the induction, Kenny!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
murrough o'kane
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by murrough o'kane »

Sorry, was down to Dublin and back last night and only got about an hours sleep. You are correct of course. Will amend my spelling error now, sorry.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

murrough o'kane wrote:Sorry, was down to Dublin and back last night and only got about an hours sleep. You are correct of course. Will amend my spelling error now, sorry.
Don't you apologise! I was, as always, being my usual pedantic self. The word threw me for a minute, is all.