new Steph Geremia CD - May 2018

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

new Steph Geremia CD - May 2018

Post by kenny »

Thanks to David Flett in Aberdeen for making me aware of this - about time too ! :)

https://t.co/ARP34WvlpC
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Normski
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: new Steph Geremia CD - May 2018

Post by Normski »

Interesting that there is an accompanying tune book. Any idea yet what tunes are on the album or did I miss the listing.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

That's great news! I absolutely love her first album; just pre-ordered the album and tune book. I can't wait to get them.

After I liked her solo album so much, I got a couple of Alan Kelly Gang discs, which I don't enjoy nearly as much. A similar thing happened when I liked Dee Havlin's fluting so much with Deanta, but didn't enjoy the London Lasses at all.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
JoFo

Post by JoFo »

Good news!
Yes, her first CD is really, really good. Her playing is so relaxed and natural.
kenny

Post by kenny »

I think I'm right in thinking that "pre-ordered" copies were to be sent out sometime in May [ or did I imagine that ? ]. Anyone received theirs yet ?
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Matt_Paris

Post by Matt_Paris »

Wow, thanks ! I didn't know her at all...

I really love the style
jjdura
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a simple system flute (Irish flute) player, and I have been following the flute discussions for some time. Now I would like to participate more fully. I also have a passing interest in the tin whistle. Mostly flute, though.

Post by jjdura »

Kenny,

I think the pre-order site said that it was going to be released on May 20. Then it has to be mailed, etc. So we've still got to wait a week or so.

John Dura
jjdura
Tell us something.: I am a simple system flute (Irish flute) player, and I have been following the flute discussions for some time. Now I would like to participate more fully. I also have a passing interest in the tin whistle. Mostly flute, though.

Post by jjdura »

Sorry Kenny - I just checked the site again and now they say it will be released in June.

John
Yogifluter

Post by Yogifluter »

My pre-ordered copy has already come. It's a lovely recording, great playing and tune selections.

Tim
kenny

Post by kenny »

Just been posted in the "Recordings" section of "thesession.org".
kenny

Post by kenny »

Arrived this morning, and well worth the wait. A great selection of tunes played to near-perfection. I was a bit apprehensive when I hear about the saxophone, but love it !
This will be our "Album Of The Month" for June on the community radio station programme I co-present. We'll start each June programme with a track from this [ so you can hear it without necessarily listening to the rest of the programme :) ]. I'll post the link here once we get started.
A highly recommended recording.
Also, it was very nice of Steph to include an apology and explanation as to why the accompanying book has been slightly delayed - I look forward to receiving it, and hope she sells both book and CD by the truck-load.
chas

Post by chas »

I received mine over the weekend. I ordered it with the tune book, but there was a note in the package saying that the tune book has been delayed because of a family medical emergency. I hope whatever it is resolves quickly and completely.

The disc is wonderful. I was skeptical of a sax being included on it, but it seems to work. AFAICT after one listen, I am familiar with none of the tunes. I'm not a huge ITM listener, but I usually know at least a couple on a new album, so this is a pleasant surprise.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

FWIW, she'll be doing a launch at the Fleadh Nua in Ennis, Sunday next, at five. At the Sanctuary (I believe). Session around the corner, in Knox's, after.
My brain hurts

MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Yep, I was fortunate to have a few tunes with Steph at the weekend and the launch is on next Sunday in Ennis at, I think 5pm, in the Sanctuary (next to Cruise’s). Beautiful playing and great choice of tune settings.

Edit: you beat me to it Peter!
Mark
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

@ The Launch in Ennis:

My brain hurts