Grinter flute for sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Splendidisolation
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute player, I play an irish concert flute. I find this site interesting in many ways and of course watch for any good flute bargains for sale .
Do you see the connection in my username ? !!

Grinter flute for sale

Post by Splendidisolation »

Grinter six keyed flute, Australian Lancewood, solid silver keys, made 2012. The wood and silverware are pristine throughout, no cracks, leaks or scratches. The flute has been played-in but has been only lightly used due to a number of operations on a damaged wrist. I have had this flute from new.
https://www.grinterflutes.com/
See lots of detailed pictures on Face Book. Facebook.com.mairead.purcell.946
Splendidisolation
jim stone

Re: Grinter flute for sale

Post by jim stone »

Questions: where are you located? Any idea how much you want? thanks
tstermitz

Post by tstermitz »

That red lancewood is particularly beautiful!
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Mark
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Thanks
LisaD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by LisaD »

Splendidisolation wrote:Grinter six keyed flute, Australian Lancewood, solid silver keys, made 2012. The wood and silverware are pristine throughout, no cracks, leaks or scratches. The flute has been played-in but has been only lightly used due to a number of operations on a damaged wrist. I have had this flute from new.
https://www.grinterflutes.com/
See lots of detailed pictures on Face Book. Facebook.com.mairead.purcell.946
Splendidisolation
Hello ... I'm interested in the Grinter. Is it still available?
If so ...
Do you have a recording of it? And if not, could you describe its tone and playing qualities as you see them?

Thanks, Lisa
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

The tone will depend a lot more on the person playing it than the flute. There are lots and lots of trad players playing Grinter flutes in their own ways (from Kevin Crawford to Aoife Granville). For what it’s worth I find mine to be slightly more solid, with slightly fewer harmonics, than my other flute. It feels a little bit less Rudally to me but seems to batter out the cuts and rolls a little more precisely (i.e. I think I get a harder, slightly less complex, tone out of it) but half that might be imaginary. The embouchure shape and undercut will make is a difference. It’ll be a great flute anyway.
Mark
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I once owned a blackwood Grinter 8 key. I can't really describe the sound in detail, except
that it was excellent. Felt like I was playing something orchestral and precise. These are
beautifully and carefully made. I have never seen or heard Lancewood and would welcome
info about that. I had trouble with the weight of the flute, in part because the channels in the key blocks are lined with silver, which adds weight, and also of course that it had eight keys. My suspicion is that lancewood is lighter than blackwood.

Anyhow these are played by pros. Mike Rafferty at a workshop once praised Grinters, said he really liked them.
Splendidisolation
Tell us something.: I am a flute player, I play an irish concert flute. I find this site interesting in many ways and of course watch for any good flute bargains for sale .
Do you see the connection in my username ? !!

Post by Splendidisolation »

To Lisa and all of you who posted about my Grinter Flute, thank you for your interest. Yes it is Australian Red Lancewood, and yes this makes for a lighter flute. I will post a recording of some tunes on Facebook by the 16/17 of this month.
I will do so here also if thats possible.
Be in touch.
Splendidisolation