Somers Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
davidbruce
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am looking for a delrin flute, Rudall and Rose design, small holes. Hope someone from this site can help me.

Somers Flutes

Post by davidbruce »

The last time I contacted Gary, he was not, at that time making flutes, and was not sure when he might start again.
Has anyone heard any updates?
From what I have read, I understand he makes a great small hole-narrow bore flute.
I have not seen or heard one "in the flesh". There are not many flutes in this part of Northern Ontario (Canada) to see, hear, or try out. A couple of friends have fantastic flutes but way out of my price range.

Regards to all
davidbruce
dyersituations

Re: Somers Flutes

Post by dyersituations »

You could try asking over at https://www.irishflutestore.com/. They've stocked Somers and might know a timeline, if you can't get in touch with the maker.
Life is good.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

If you're not totally fixated on a Sommers, there's a Sweet Shannon on the Used Instruments forum for a great price. (I have nothing to do with the sale nor do I know the seller). But I have played Walt's flutes and they play very well.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Maihcol
Tell us something.: I have been selling my flutes since 2010 and I have moved back to Ireland from Brazil and I am now based in County Offaly.

Post by Maihcol »

To avoid any confusion that might arise from this thread, I am still around but not in a position to supply flutes in a short time span just now and am reluctant to estimate waiting times which could also vary. All perfectly normal and all is well.
Garry Somers Flutes: http://www.somers-flutes.com