For Sale: Solen Lesouef keyless mopane D flute, case - $775

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

For Sale: Solen Lesouef keyless mopane D flute, case - $775

Post by Julia Delaney »

I am selling a splendid keyless Solen Lesouef mopane flute. She is one of a number of great young French flute-makers. The flute is in perfect condition. I have enjoyed this flute very much for the time that I have had it but I must sell it to help fund the purchase of a house in Tucson. It plays perfectly in tune with good volume and a lovely sound. The flute has been played and kept carefully humidified. I will sent it along with the handmade wooden hard case that a Solen Leseouf flute comes in.

You can hear a Solen Leseouf mopane flute being played, and hear what Blayne Chastain, a great player, has to say about Solen’s work: http://www.irishflutestore.com/products ... ss-d-flute

“Really, really responsive, great, earthy tone. Really easy to hold yet strong sound. It gives so much in terms of the tone. Great dynamic range, soft or hard. Awesome flute that would suit anyone. Very light, very beautiful, great sounding.
“The flute held up to crushing the notes yet supported delicate phrasing.”

Mopane is fairly oily, and seasons very well, with few splits or shakes. The color varies from an orange-brown to a dark red-brown, with dark veins. It is similar to African Blackwood or cocus in density and takes a very good polish. It is becoming very popular as a wood for flutes. Mopane produces a rich and direct sound.

http://www.atelierdelutherie.info

Aoife Granville playing a Solen Lesouef flute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnc0GybRWkc

Solen has an impressive wait list. The new price is $899 plus the cost of shipping and insurance from Brittany, so over $1,000. I am asking $775. It will come shipped in the original hard wooden case. Postage in the US is included. You can return it for a full refund (less the cost of shipping) if it doesn’t suit you.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: For Sale: Solen Lesouef keyless mopane D flute, case -

Post by Julia Delaney »

Thanks, everybody, for looking. The flute has been spoken for. I am awaiting payment.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale