WTB - Dominic Allen student flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mendipman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play flute and stringed instruments and enjoy playing in sessions and for step dancers and teach music part-time. My flutes are a new Gilles Lehart blackwood keyless in D, a c.1820 Clementi 'Nicholson improved' English boxwood single key in F and a simple-system 8-key English blackwood flute made by Richard Weekes of Plymouth, Devon c.1840 both in beautiful, pristine condition. I also have a wooden c.1880 English keyed flageolet. My home is in North Somerset a short distance from where my family come from at Blackford in the Mendip Hills and my repertoire are the tunes that are local to my area. That is the rural vernacular English music from when ordinary working people simply played and danced to their own rhythm with little concern for that which lay beyond a day's walk.

WTB - Dominic Allen student flute

Post by mendipman »

Is there anyone who may be considering selling their Dominic Allen student flute?

I would like to play this flute made by a flute maker local to my area who is no longer making. Any wood type he used would be fine.

Hopefully.
Barry
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: WTB - Dominic Allen student flute

Post by Barry »

mendipman: Are you still looking for a Dominic Allen flute? If so, I have an 8-key wooden flute of Dom's that I'm considering selling. If interested, contact me: barryruffell(at)hotmail.com.
mendipman
Tell us something.: I play flute and stringed instruments and enjoy playing in sessions and for step dancers and teach music part-time. My flutes are a new Gilles Lehart blackwood keyless in D, a c.1820 Clementi 'Nicholson improved' English boxwood single key in F and a simple-system 8-key English blackwood flute made by Richard Weekes of Plymouth, Devon c.1840 both in beautiful, pristine condition. I also have a wooden c.1880 English keyed flageolet. My home is in North Somerset a short distance from where my family come from at Blackford in the Mendip Hills and my repertoire are the tunes that are local to my area. That is the rural vernacular English music from when ordinary working people simply played and danced to their own rhythm with little concern for that which lay beyond a day's walk.

Post by mendipman »

Thanks for the heads-up on your possible sale of your flute.

I'm interested to see photos and what you're asking for it. But currently I'm more inclined toward one of Dominic's keyless flutes or an F flute. I've sent you an email.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Specifically a Dominic Allen flute or would a Damian Thompson flute be OK(?).

I bought a delrin beginner flute in D from Damian, with offset holes at no extra cost, & I think it's a very good flute. :)
https://www.thompsonflutes.com/about
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
mendipman

Post by mendipman »

Nice flutes and so is Barry's 8-keyed example from the photos he emailed.

I'm still interested in a Dominic Allen keyless but also a keyless F Flute.